Thursday, December 6, 2012

Advent

Kyrie just turned 7 months. We took her 7 month picture, but I haven't uploaded it yet! Here is her 6 month picture though. Seriously she is growing up so fast! The other day she was walking along the furniture then stopped and let go and she got real focused, put her hands out to balance herself and stood there for several seconds. It was amazing!! Some time soon she will let go and then take off and it will fun!















We are working on an ABC book for her for Christmas. I got the idea from a girl's blog I follow. I am pretty excited about it. I will post some pictures of it when we get it done and get it in the mail. But I thought it would be fun to do then I got this coupon at Target (which by the way I LOVE Target!) and it was for a FREE photo book from Shutterfly! How perfect is that? Anyway, so that will be one of her gifts. And it will have pictures of some of her toys and things she eats and family. SO excited for this!

With December begins the Advent season - which I had never really heard of until a couple years ago and I really think it is great. Our church is doing an Advent Devotional and I am really looking forward to it. Advent goes through the month of December leading up to Christmas to fix our attention on Christ. It reminds us of his death on the cross for the sins of mankind. And it also reminds us that one day he will return. This is a time to fix our eyes on Jesus and anticipate his second coming where there will be an end to all pain, suffering, and death. So anyway, there is a scripture reading every day and I am really looking forward to this time.

Well, I need to get to sleep! Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment